Sunday, April 11, 2010

What's been going on

It's been a lot going on since my last post. It's been a really busy and trying time and there will be more to come in the near future. I came in second prize in the Dudley Randall Poetry Contest and two of my fellow poets and friends came in first and third. A manuscript I had written came in second place in the Detroit Mercy Howling Wolf chapbook contest. It probably won't be published in that current form, but i've already began revisions and expansion of that into a full book. Last monday I was part of a semi-final slam for the Detroit national slam team,and I didn't make it in one of the most star studded fields of poets here in the city.Regardless the rundown of stuff i'm trying to get going are as follows.

My poet mother,Ms.Aurora Harris' mom recently passed away and there will be a memorial service soon,either her or I will let you know at a later time.Some time after that and she's been able to heal from this sad time we can get together and finish my first chapbook hopefully to be out this summer.

May 7th-This year's' poetry slam master and dear friend, Omari "king wise" barksdale has deemed the 10 most underrated poets in the city of Detroit. This group of poets (myself included) will be featuring at the Neo Minds Poetry Venue at the 5E art Gallery as a fundraiser for the Detroit National Slam Team.

May 14th-The founding members of the poetry collective Rhymes with Orange (Brandon Clark,Alex Jones and Myself) will be performing and reading our poetry at the Confrence of the studies of Midwestern Literature at the campus of Michigan State University.

More to come soon after things have been sorted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment